Shelbyville, TN 37160
The Shelbyville Information Technology department provides hardware and software information systems and other technologies that enable city departments to provide services to our citizens. We also provide department personnel with information relative to their operations, support strategic planning, promote effective resource management, enhance customer service, and promote internal and external communications.
Our mission is to provide excellent customer service and support to all Shelbyville government information technology users, to protect the city government assets and data, and to ensure the city government’s technology investment is strategically positioned for the future.
The department is enthusiastic in performing the task of researching and delivering new technology while never losing focus on the critical role of maintaining the current technical infrastructure and providing exceptional customer service to all city departments. We make a continuous effort to ensure our staff has access to the resources and technologies they need to do their jobs efficiently and effectively.
- Oversee the use of existing and emerging technologies in city operations
- Provide support for servers, desktops, laptops, telephones, mobile devices, and city website
- Provide network infrastructure to support city computer operations
- Provide for the procurement, development, upgrade, and support of business software for city departments
- Support telephone communications for city departments
- Ensure the security and integrity of the city's network and data
- Work to improve the city’s efficiency through technology
Below are the approved and active polices that govern the IT Department. All city employees are required to understand and adhere to the policies. The IT department will provide annual, as well as new hire training resources based on these policies.